1. Dear players of Ragnarok Online Island!
    We are implement a new system to protect quality of BG games, and now we are hiring a BG Helpers.
    You can read about this on this topic : here

Future of the server

Discussion in 'Ragnarok Online Island' started by Niubbo, Sep 7 2018.

1. Niubbo

Niubbo New Member

Hello,
    I and my (4) friends are asking what are the administrator's plans for the server.

We saw the drastic reduction of players, although BG is often alives, WoE is dead and we often see endgames (e.g. Bee, Valk, WM, Bio3, Nid) MvPs alive (-> missing/weak competition).
    We still enjoy playing this server and we are growing stronger, likely we will join with other people to make our guild bigger.

Thanks for your time,
    best regards.

2. epicplayer

epicplayer New Member

This is server is definitely dead. The future is a new RO as always you know and we already found a new one. Bye IslagRo.

3. Frost

Frost New Member

i know is late but yeah its dead, the admins attitude kinda helped with that, i started playing on july and it started getting boring by the end of august, specially for a lone player like me

4. LDGrinn

LDGrinn New Member

The server can pick up pace if admins become more active and start moderating their forums, some of the old players left, but new can come if the current community is with the right attitude. Quality over quantity, we need ET mechanism for regular runs, but we lack players atm even for BG, which sucks a lot. I really want to give this server a chance but we need more active players atm.

5. df

df Administrator Staff Member

Hello guys.

I just wanted to leave some statistics.
    1. New players do not join mid-rate servers that run for more than 2 months, even with very good advertising.
    They are looking for freshly opened servers.
    2. The life of a typical server with mid-rates is about 2-3 months, sometimes it can be stretched to 6-12 months, under good conditions (lack of competition and the presence activity of woe guilds). Under all other conditions, players tend to change server platforms every few months.

As for advertising, it can be active at the start of the server in order to get as many people as possible at the start (we chose this option with 1000+ players at the start), stretching for several months with an average online, as well as supporting, this is when players simultaneously joined, while others leave the server.

Unfortunately, this is a reality, and to change something is very difficult. There are practically no new players in this game, and we have to work with the same audience.

This server will work with minimal advertising support for some time (from several months to several years), like our other projects (Estland still works from 2015, RagnaOk 2012-2014, etc) .
    New updates, various discounts and sales, and so on are expected soon. My developers are doing this.

Last edited: Oct 10 2018
    Frost likes this.